- Wear your retainer at all times, until the doctor instructs otherwise.
- Take your retainer out when eating, and always put it back in its case! (Most appliances are lost in school lunchrooms or restaurants.)
- Clean the retainer thoroughly once a day with a toothbrush and toothpaste. Use warm but not hot water. Brushing retainers removes the plaque, and eliminates odors. Efferdent® or other orthodontic appliance cleaners can be used but do not take the place of brushing.
- When your retainer is not in your mouth, it should ALWAYS be in its case. Pets love to chew on them!
- Initially, you may find it difficult to speak. Practice speaking, reading, or singing out loud to get used to it faster.
- Retainers are breakable, so treat yours with care. If your retainer gets lost or broken, call us immediately.
- If you have any questions or concerns about your retainer, or you believe it needs adjusting, call us. Do not try to adjust it yourself.
- Always bring your retainer to your appointments.
- Retainer replacements are expensive, but with proper care they will last for years!
- Remove your retainer when you go swimming.
- Keep retainers away from hot water, hot car dashboards, pockets, the washing machine, and napkins.
“I am so happy I chose Lippitz Orthodontics to do my braces. Dr. Lippitz is wonderful and the staff is terrific.”— Roy M.
“The entire staff rock and are extremely understanding of our children’s needs. Dr. Stefen is truly amazing…thank you!!”— Noah H.
“That appointment was wonderful! My son - who is high-functioning autistic and has a hard time sitting still and was apprehensive about visiting in the first place because he didn’t know what would happen – felt very at ease. He was made to feel comfortable!”— Devon M.
“I originally had my braces put on in 1983 by Dr. Herbert Lippitz and he was outstanding over all the years until I got them off in 1989. My most recent visit with Dr. Stefen Lippitz was equally outstanding and maybe better. I give Dr. Stefen 5 Stars!!!!”— Henry M.
“How great the staff from Dr. Lippitz to the front desk, everyone is so friendly and caring. They make this process much easier for my daughter and I. We appreciate it so much!”— Lydia P.
“Everyone was so welcoming. They really took the time to listen and explain everything to me. I had to bring my children and wasn’t sure how I would get through my appointment with both of them, but the staff jumped right in to help. I love the atmosphere here.”— Sarah W.
“Everyone clearly loves working there and are very welcoming. Dr. Lippitz always clearly explains what is need.”— Joh R.
“Always a pleasant experience…Dr. Lippitz is such a nice, friendly guy. Always get in on time, too!”— Sam W.
“Everytime I have been to your office on Western Ave. every staff member has been friendly, happy and extremely courteous. Makes me wonder what you guys are doing over there! LOL!! The great service makes me forget about the wires I have on my teeth.”— Cesar G.
“Fast and helpful – willing to take the time to schedule at our earliest convenience. Answered all my questions in a timely manner. Thanks so much.”— Sonya R.